"To enrich lives through the joy of teaching and playing stringed instruments."
Registration Open for the ASTA 2016 National Conference
Come join us in warm and sunny Florida for the 2016 National Conference at the Tampa Convention Center! Dates are March 2-5, click here to register.
Silent Auction: 70 Items to Celebrate ASTA's 70th Year!
The excitement of the popular Silent Auction is returning to the 2016 ASTA National Conference in Tampa, Florida, March 2-5. For more information, click here, or to download a donation form, click here.
ASTA Announces Its "Be Part of the Orchestra!" Program
If you had highly effective materials with which to recruit, do you think you could recruit five more students to orchestra each year? That is the question that ASTA's "Be Part of the Orchestra!" program aims to answer. For more information, please click here.You can also read about it on page 46 of your August AST journal.
Hot Off The Press!
Available now is the 2015/2016 ASTACAP Handbook. This version of the handbook is updated to feature all the new information, forms, lists and scales.
- Apply for the ASTA Institutional String Education Award
- Kudos Award to Mary Wagner!
- George Bornoff scholarships available for young teachers to attend our National Conference!
- Do you know an outstanding K-12 school string teacher? We need your nominations!
- We need your remarkable member nominations for Kudos program
- Don’t forget to register your Student Chapter and apply for awards!
"ASTA Standards for Successful School String/Orchestra Teachers" now online
- Hot off the ASTA presses! Lucien Capet and Superior Bowing Technique book
- String Research Journal, Volume V available now
- Order your ASTA String Curriculum
- Shop for ASTA at Amazon
Congratulations to our three 2015 CodaBows for America recipients!
- Congratulations to most recent Potter’s Violin Instrument Award winners!
- Senate passes bipartisan Every Child Achieves Act (see ASTA Advocacy Brief)