2012 ASTA National Conference
March 21-24, 2012
WHY I Should Attend the Conference!
- The three-day event will be jammed packed with sessions that will interest and excite just about everyone in the string world — from classical and alternative styles performers to K-12, private studio, and university teachers, as well as students at all levels.
- Premier place to enhance your skills and knowledge of string related topics.
- Networking opportunities- reminisce and re-connect with old friends, and, of course, meet some new ones.
- Informative and Entertaining Sessions-topics include but not limited to: traditional pedagogy, issues for school string and orchestra teachers, injury prevention, classical and nontraditional performance, university-level training for future string players and educators, and alternative styles techniques, to name just a few.
- Top-notch presenters that possess a wealth of information to pass along to you.
- Incredible Concerts -Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, National High School Honors Orchestra; Barrrage; plus performances from the National Orchestra Festival, Eclectic Strings Festival and Invited Performing Groups.
- Amazing Pre-conference sessions will also be offered on Wednesday March 21 from 12:00-5:00 p.m. Click here to see the description of the sessions, presenters, and costs for members and non-members.
If you have been to an ASTA national conference before then you know what we are talking about. If this is the first time you will be attending, you are in for a real treat- just ask your colleagues who have attended!
Apply for one of our three George Bornoff Memorial Scholarships that can help save money on going to conference! Three scholarships to attend the ASTA national conference will be awarded annually in the amount of $800.00. For more information, click here.
Here are just a few things people have been saying about the ASTA national conference:
"I would strongly suggest any string teacher to attend the conference. The most difficult time of the conference was deciding which great session to see. Loved it very much." - Tracy Matras
"Thorough and innovative convention that surrounds you with;so many people that share your passion! It is amazing to not be the only 'string' voice in the crowd." - L. Michelle Howard, Sperreng Middle School
"This conference was excellent. I have so many new ideas to try!"
"Loved It! I am addicted." Mary Ann Willis
"Fabulous conference- I had a great time!!" - Marcia Sloane
Have something to say about the ASTA national conference that you would like to see here - send us your quote today! Send email@example.com